James Gunn Fired as Director of ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3’

james gunn fired

James Gunn will no longer be directing Guardians of the Galaxy 3. After helming the first two wildly successful Guardians of the Galaxy movies, Marvel has fired Gunn in the wake of the filmmaker’s old, polarizing tweets that have resurfaced on the internet.

Following the resurfacing of old tweets in which the director joked about sensitive topics of pedophilia and rape, Marvel has had James Gunn fired as director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

“The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him,” said Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn in a statement.

Shortly after the tweets resurfaced, Gunn tweeted, “Many people who have followed my career know when I started, I viewed myself as a provocateur, making movies and telling jokes that were outrageous and taboo. As I have discussed publicly many times, as I’ve developed as a person, so has my work and my humor.”

Gunn has since deleted his Twitter account.

More on this story as it develops.

The post James Gunn Fired as Director of ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3’ appeared first on /Film.




from /Film https://ift.tt/2O8U32a

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.